Emotional abuse is very real for many, When it comes from a parent, the damage done can horrific and life-altering. This is a complex issue — and Dr. Margaret talks about it with understanding and compassion for all involved
Today’s post describes a mother who meets criteria for what’s termed Borderline Personality Disorder, (BPD) which is a way of relating to self and others that is intense and unpredictable, often filled with severe mood swings and actions. Dr. Margaret will use the book “Understanding The Borderline Mother,” by Dr, Christine Lawson to help you understand the various types of BPD, as well as the impact of their vulnerabilities on the children in their care.
Her focus will then move into healing as an adult — “What you can do about it,”
- What is borderline personality disorder?
- What else can cause emotional instability?
- Types of borderlines.
- Seven ways you can heal.
- We’ll also read an email with questions and answers about coping with an alcoholic emotionally abusive father.
Please offer a rating or a review, and SUBSCRIBE! Thanks so much for being a listener!
Other important links:
- Psychology Today article on Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Here’s an exhaustive list of terms having to do with personality disorders.
- Other resources: “Stop Walking On Eggshells” and “Lost In The Mirror.” “Disarming The Narcissist” and “Trapped In The Mirror,” great books for understanding borderline and narcissistic disorders.