Did you know that anxiety is much more prevalent than depression in our culture? And what’s worse than anxiety or panic? Being anxious or panicked about panic — feeling as if you dread the next hour or day because you don’t know if your anxiety will overwhelm you. Dr. Margaret gives you both information about anxiety, and, most importantly, what you can do about it. In her direct and no-nonsense style, she focuses on acceptance and management of anxiety, and gives specific ideas that can help. As in every podcast, Dr. Margaret also answers a question from a listener. Today’s question is: How do I talk to my family about my mental illness?
Please leave comments and ratings! And subscribe to Dr. Margaret’s biweekly podcasts!
Here are some helpful links:
- This is a very informative article about what happens in the brain during panic.
- Mayo Clinic Info on Panic Disorder.
- There are many celebrities with anxiety and panic disorder. Here are a few.
- Here are recent figures on mental illness in the U.S.
- Reid Wilson is an expert on all forms of anxiety. Here is a wonderful guide to his work.